First Souffle on the BGE

SmokeJumper

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
San Francisco, CA and Phu Quoc Island Vietnam
I made dinner tonight for my wife and myself on the ceramic cooker and decided to try a peach souffle for dessert.

Dinner was blood orange/apricot/ginger glazed pork tenderloins, french style creamed cabbage with meyer lemon and grilled corn. Sorry but no pics of dinner.

I was terrified that the souffle was going to fail because the friggin fog starting rolling in 200 feet overhead 20 minutes before I put it on the egg. Humidity often spells death for souffle resulting in a sad looking deflated little lump. There is an amazing souffle restaurant in San Francisco that can always turn out perfect souffles regardless of the weather (without AC!) but they won't share their secrets with me so I'm at the mercy of the weather.

I didn't get the best rise in the world (make jokes now) but it did hold together well and the texture and flavors were spot on.

To cook, I locked in 400 degrees and went indirect on a raised grid. I cooked it for 14 minutes.

I thought I would share some pics.

Cookingonegg.jpg

Powderedsouffle.jpg

Tastesgreat.jpg

Thanks for taking a look at my first souffle on the egg.

Last edited:
I use my egg for bread quite often and I like seeing what others are able to do on their BGEs. That souffle looks awesome.

You are sick man, it is a disease, souffle on Livefire? Cannot be done. Quite trying to make you BGE do things it cannot do.

Oh, nice souffle, I understand there are techniques for getting a better rise, you just need to hit the strip. :-D

Nice job!

I know the BGE is one heck of a cooking machine but I think this is more to the abilities of the cook.

souffle on Livefire? Cannot be done. Quit trying to make you BGE do things it cannot do.

Nice job!

I know the BGE is one heck of a cooking machine but I think this is more to the abilities of the cook.

Thanks guys.
I'm planning on trying one on the Weber sometime this summer. I've been using the BGE so much these last couple of years but I miss the kettle. I think 6 firebricks and a well made fire is all it will take to replicate this on the weber.

Last edited:
I understand there are techniques for getting a better rise, you just need to hit the strip. :-D

Funny you mention that. That great souffle restaurant in San Francisco, Cafe Jacqueline, is a couple of blocks from the Red Light District. That must be the secret! I have a roll of ones around here somewhere...

Back