Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts & Thighs (Pron)

W

wheelterrapin

Came home tonight and the wife ask me what we were going to have for supper and I had some skinless thighs and skinless boneless breasts so I thawed them out and gave them a good dusting of Joe Davidson's Poultry & Pork Seasoning then wrapped them with thick slices of bacon, applied some more rub:

ChickenBBQ1.jpg

Cooked them on the gasser for 15 minutes and then turned them:

ChickenBBQ2.jpg

Cooked them for another 15 minutes and turned them and then continued to cook and turn until the internal temperature of the thighs reached 175 and the breast reached 170. Applied the sauce and let them sit.

ChickenBBQ3.jpg

The bacon really added a lot of flavor to the chicken and the wife pronounced this the best I had made yet. Did not get a picture of it plated up as the family devoured it before I could get to the table. I always stay at my grill and burn it off on high for 10 minutes so I am always last to the table.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife is always buying these. Know what I'm cooking this weekend!

Please! Goodness, I foresee gaining weight by being on this forum. Those look so yummy. You take a nice lean chicken breast, add bacon and sauce and turn it into heaven. I had never thought to add bacon to chicken on the grill. However, I've only been at this since December and I get the BEST ideas from all of you. I am learning that I could wrap anything in bacon and put it on the grill. The temptation is becoming too great. I might have to cave in and try something wrapped in bacon on my grill.

Nice. I'm going to make this for lunch tomorrow at the firehouse!

Back