Smokin on the Summit-Lee's Summit, MO

Hozman

Take a breath!
Reaction score
This will be our first comp of the year. Well to be honest first comp ever as a team, shoot I have never even been to a comp as a bystander. Very nervous as team captain.

Any other brethren going to be there? We are in slot 40. Please come by and say hi.

I am in space #6.

Just have fun.

We'll be in RV3. We'll be setting up in Grandview tomorrow, so swing by if you want to see what it's all about. I just picked up a fresh load of Iron City Beer that we'll need help polishing off!

Jason I appreciate the offer but on duty tomorrow. Hopefully have some time to walk around and say hi to you guys.

Donkey Punch BBQ will be there but under our new name. I think it's spot 33 or 34. It's a fun contest, but with the bars open and the train horn don't plan on too much sleep.

Donkey Punch BBQ will be there but under our new name. I think it's spot 33 or 34. It's a fun contest, but with the bars open and the train horn don't plan on too much sleep.

New name? Are you selling out to the man?

Yes and no i guess. Some of our team was worried about promotions and people googling their name on the internet. With the kids getting old we thought a name change was in order. The sole of Donkey Punch still lives!

Yes and no i guess. Some of our team was worried about promotions and people googling their name on the internet. With the kids getting old we thought a name change was in order. The sole of Donkey Punch still lives!

Whatever, sellout.

Yes, we are sell outs, but we kept the Donkey spirit alive! Check out our new logo.

529741_373758145992641_104174462951012_910476_143319772_n.jpg

We just had a lot of problems with the Train horns, 100 degree heat and drunk people wandering around at 3 in the morning. Everything else was pretty much top notch, the organizers are on top of it.

A thing I noticed today is the top sponsorship's include a total of 6 judging seats, but they are claiming 100% CBJ on the KCBS website. Is it common for contests to offer up judging seats to sponsors?

We just had a lot of problems with the Train horns, 100 degree heat and drunk people wandering around at 3 in the morning. Everything else was pretty much top notch, the organizers are on top of it.

A thing I noticed today is the top sponsorship's include a total of 6 judging seats, but they are claiming 100% CBJ on the KCBS website. Is it common for contests to offer up judging seats to sponsors?

It happens.

Did the Summit last year (it was my 2nd ever) and it was one of the best run I've seen so far. The organizers literally try to think of everything and have a plan for it. I won't be able to go this year, but I wish you luck. BTW we took 4th in Brisket there, so miracles CAN happen. :becky:

We are in RV Space #5 across from turn-in's like last year. Pretty much right on the tracks at the Amtrak station. Yes, it's loud, but ear plugs and good ear muffs in combination help when you are trying to get some Z's. Had issues with electricity last year as well, but now have our battery back-up system installed in the trailer (thanks to my good buddy Shane). This contest is very well run and lots of fun in conjunction with their Downtown Days festival!

That 100% number is supposed to be the numbers from the previous year's contest. It's still a load of hooey though. I judged that one and specifically remember the rep announcing at least one "celebrity" judge, if not more. I honestly think the CBJ percentages on contest listings are about as accurate Dick Cheney with a shotgun.

We'll be there! Space #37. Lookin' forward to it. Hope the weather is just like today. Doubt it will be.

Back