Wow...i made meat!!

Gman556

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I finally get it! I finally understand "its done when its done". Ive been lurking for about a year learning and reading everything i could. A little information, I built a uds...didnt like it, just to big for the lil lady and myself so i built a mini wsm! AWSOME!! My first few cooks i tried were for pulled pork and the first three times the pork was not to pullable and a little greasy. Tried ribs about 3 times and just not tender enough for us (we really like fall off the bone tender...sorry :oops:) I was at my end with this bbq stuff but what the heck ill give it another shot and if this doesnt work well...i dunno! Fired up the mini and decided im just gonna wing it and listen to this site, just let it go. I put the butt on at 4 am (im a bartender so im up late) and went to bed. woke up around 1130 and mini was chugging along nicely. When i probed the butt to BUTTER tender, it was around 3 oclock, let it rest pulled it and FINALLY! it was just what i was looking for. Confidant in my "skillz" I did some ribs with a modified 321. I did the 2.5, 3 and 1, perfect! girlie said best ribs shes had! So super long story short, Thanks guys!

Now that you "know" what your looking for your be unstoppable! Congrats... just one question where the pron? :wink:

pwa

Good job. Now that you hit this milestone , it get addidicting . " You can't rush the meat "

Glad to hear you rode it out. It's definitely an addiction worth the trial and error. Like cholloway said, I hope that UDS is still handy, night still need it.

Congrats on your successful cook! Now there's no stopping you.

^^^^ George - we are thinking the same thing!

Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together! 8)

Congrats

TIM

Congrats, it's great when it all starts coming together. :thumb:

First, welcome aboard! Congrats on finding "your zone" if you will. And for sure, there is plenty of great advice from the fine folks here.....enjoy the addiction, lol.

KC

Congrats on getting it. Those first few cooks that work are great

Brought a tear to me eye, that.
Congrats, brother! Sometimes you've just got to relax, grab a six-pack, and wait.

Arlin

Back