Why Judge? (Split from Dillard)

nmayeux said:
You get paid for being a judge???
Nope,
All volunteers.
But, ya don't have to spend a ton of $$ to attend the event, just personal expenses.

Judging is a great hobby :lol:
I am gonna do as much as I can at events that are within reach of me!

TIM

I was a little confused about Dave and Tim's "payday." I want do do some judging next year so that I can get some experience on both sides of the table. I want to do this for the challange, and maybe for a little cash and bragging rights (In my dreams!). I have 30 years to catch up with Tim, but its never too early to start. Oh, if we wanted to break off into a new thread, how do you do that? My appologies to the Moderator in Charge for the hijack!
Noah

If your gonna compete, it's a must to judge so you can see what the judges are looking for.

If your not gonna compete, it's a must for making friends and having a great time.

Win Win

Smoker said:
If your gonna compete, it's a must to judge so you can see what the judges are looking for.

If your not gonna compete, it's a must for making friends and having a great time.

Win Win
I have commented on this before, but here is a good place to do it again!
Smoker is dead on!

I thought I cooked and knew good que till I judged :twisted:
Saw the great, the good, the average, and the ugly then!
I never dreamed folks could cook as good as some of the entries I have judged. Whole new standard and goal for me :oops:
Lots of new ideas to work on.

Meeting the other judges, you realise that you will never make them all happy. Some are so biased to one flavor or the other that you are "out of the pool" if you don't guess right :twisted: We do not even try. We go for quality with "middle of the road" flavors and avoid extremes.

The majority are really caring and try to be accurate.
You get to see it all after judging just a couple of events.
As Chad has said, the Judges Badge opens the doors on Friday to all the team's areas. That can not be all bad either :lol: :lol:

Plus, any entry fees to the area are normally waived, and that is not a bad thing either. Sometimes, ya get to park closer :lol:
Heck, pick a reason :lol: :lol:

Besides, it is fun and you are giving something back to the sport!

Just my nickle.

TIM

Back