• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First chuckies

daninnewjersey

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Smoked 2 chucks for the first time. Rubbed with garlic and onion powder, pepper, salt, and some Old Bay. Smoked with hickory at 225 for what seemed like forever. Foiled and put into an Igloo in the hopes that they would almost fall apart....and they did. Some had bbq sauce with some of the drippings, while the other had A-1 sauce with some drippings. The finished stuff didn't last long!!!

Last edited:
Looks Great did 2 6 1/2 pound Chucks over the weekend for this Sat- 225 with Pecan. I really liked them Unfortuneately no Pics

Looks delicious!:cool: Pulled chuck is majorly good stuff. I have about one serving left here, almost time to make some more.

Anymore i do them instead of brisket ,. BTW yours looks wonderful

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I pulled them when the passed that fork test. Basically put a fork in them, twist it, and if they give any resistance they're not done. Saw some guy do that online so I tried it. Seems to work.

I have got to break dow and try some Chuckies that looks freaking awesome.:eusa_clap

I did my first this past weekend also. I had one that was a chuck pot roast and one that looked like yours. Not sure which I liked better. But one thing is for sure, I am kicking myself for waiting so long :doh: Taco week!

I also was blown away with how long it took @225.

That really looks good. Got to get one of my UDS's moved over here so I can get cooking again.

What temp did you take it to? I've taken mine to 205 before, and it still wouldn't fall a part. I was doing about 2 pounders though.

What temp did you take it to? I've taken mine to 205 before, and it still wouldn't fall a part. I was doing about 2 pounders though.

Believe it or not I didn't check the temps of the meat. I kept my Masterbuilt (I know....I know....) at about 220 and started checking maybe 7hrs into it. Placing them into the cooler after the smoke for a couple of hours probably helped, too. Try that next time and see if it works.....

Back