Pork butt

Smokin' Shamrock

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Been cooking a pork but today on my ok joe. Temp has been between 275-300 been on for 2 1/2 hours now. Question is when do you normally wrap the butt in foil? Do you go by time or enteral temp? Also do you wrap with butter and brown sugar or. With nothing?

Been cooking a pork but today on my ok joe. Temp has been between 275-300 been on for 2 1/2 hours now. Question is when do you normally wrap the butt in foil? Do you go by time or enteral temp? Also do you wrap with butter and brown sugar or. With nothing?

at 275, approx 4 hours in which should be around 160-165 IT. The absolute easiest wrap mixture is a bottle of Stubbs pork marinade. I use it at home when I don't want to use our comp recipe. I absence if that, I would use some apple or white grape juice with a little brown sugar and maybe a splash of apple cider vinegar.

I wrap on time mainly to limit smoke; and that's usually at the 4.5 hour mark. Your time (even if you wanted the exact same results) will vary because each smoker and wood will produce different results. In the old days I'd spritz heavily, but since stopping that I haven't noticed much of a difference...

Once I get all the smoke I want which is around 145 or so, I wrap them with s a little apple juice. In order to save time, wood/charcoal, and avoide problems with temperature and or weather and the stall, I stick them in the oven at 250 and bring them out at 195 keep them in the foil and wrap in a towel and place in coolers for 2 hours to rest. Perfect everytime!

I don't wrap mine until I take it off, then I wrap it in foil and a towel to rest.

CD

I usually wrap mine when the IT temp reaches 145 deg. I put them in a foil pan with some apple juice and sometimes brown sugar.

I like bark, so I don't wrap, ever. I use all the money I saved on not buying foil for more meat.

I would like to try wrapping in butcher paper some time though.

If I'm gonna wrap it is between 4-6 hrs I don't add anything and there is usually a pint of Pork liquor in the foil to add back to the pulled nuggets

Back