View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #578
El Ropo
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVI View Post
I just purchased one of these smokers, and just wanted to get the consensus here ..

With the Pitmaster IQ, the adapter plate is one option and the ball valve is another option. With the Ball Valve, is there a preference to exactly where to drill it, front, back to ensure you have no issues with ash?
Spend the $ on good meat and skip the "system" till you learn the cooker[/quote]

Quote:
What is everyone using for drop pans, is there a good spot to put it?
Assuming you mean drip pans, a disposable foil pan shaped to your needs will work.

Quote:
The basket to put around the coal, stupid question but where can I find it?
Buy some expanded metal and form it into a ring. There are many options available for stitching it together.

Quote:
How much coal are you guys using for a low temp cook 200-230range?
In that range, you could be cooking forever! Try 275, and go from there.

Quote:
Besides the HH RTV silicone, has anyone been using the BGE felt/seal on any areas?
[
Any other tips when getting this thing up and running...

Thanks in advance. I truly think I will be ditching my MES soon when this comes in...Anyone in Owings Mills MD need a smoker :)..Dont think Dan @ 3eyez would want an electric...[/QUOTE]

2016 Fuji Absolute 2.0 LE (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->