View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Default Polling Priorities #4 - What Challenges/Challenged you Most?

I am not going to settle on the results of the other polls because they are still going on.

Nor Am I going to say anything rude like "Now I know why so many people are so completely unaware their BBQ sucks." No... nay, that would be mean and not within the brethren spirit.

But I am discovering some great things with these polls I will release in a few days.

Here is a question. Possibly some are getting mixed up with a scenario where I am asking in what order would you teach first. Not what I am asking.

Lets put it this way, and its too late to go back now, if you had to teach a brother one THING that would get him the FARTHEST what would it be?

Now that I think of it, those that compete, its def taste.

So THIS QUESTION IS

Which is harder to master to get you the furthest for Judge, Patron or Family/Clients.

Taste - Rubs, Injections, etc. to keep the most people happy -(That means you cannot change it from Competition to Competition)

A note here. If you watch closely at Trigg in pitmasters he is revealing techniques that are crucial but nothing real innovative as far as spice.

THE RIGHT ELEMENTS to make a tender moist BBQ - Wood, Fire, Rub Foil Temp, Probe, internal temps, water pans, quality of cut whatever.

There SHOULD be lots of disaggreement here but thats what the poll is to settle. Be sure, if you have masters one trait and are working on another, to reflect on how hard the first thing you mastered was to get down.