My turn

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornbri

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey yall hornbri here, I’m a displaced Texan that ain’t never smoked nothing but the wacky tobaccy till Saturday

Now don’t get me wrong, I done ate my share of brisket, ribs and sausage in texas, and I spent a Saturday or three or four w/ mook watchin my Horns, his Trojans, drinking beer and cookin in that big bitch of a pit of his, but I ain’t never had the need to fire up my own, that is till i got exiled up here in hippie land with all the gronola eatin, tree huggin, animal lovin…well you know the rest.

now that i had to go it alone I figure I’d ask mook for some advice on which smoker to buy. Since he and Bimofo300lbs had a cook planed for a couple of days later, we decided to wait and see how he like bigmo’s New Braunfels Offset. Well he loved that som bitch so much, he sent me the link to the NB web site so I could get more information. I didn’t get past the ‘dera on the first page though. I had to have me one.

So I did me a search to try and find one and up comes this group. I started lookin round, and finally decided I shoud ask if a ‘dera or WSM was right for me. Since I’m just startin and don’t care to fiddle with fire so much, I thought I’d take the advice of some Brethren and start with the WSM.

Well enough of my blabbering. Thanks for the advice on the WSM, I will post the results of my first smoke soon.

Horn

Oh yeah, I’m am King of the chili pot. I make the worlds hottest chili. Even these wacky liberals cant stop eatin it is so good. If you want some tips on makin some ass kickin chili I’m your man.

Hey Horn,

Are you gonna tell the group your thought on how the Horns can still win the '03 National Championship???????? :lol:

Welcome to the kingdom of stability. This place is where a brother can go to clear his head from all the crazy stuff in the world. Glad to have you here. Look forward to hearing about your Q sessions and tips on that chili.

Slat

Hornbri, Great to have you aboard, real nice to have some Brothers that can get together regularly to cook and share ideas and experiences. If we haven't scared you off by now, you're gonna fit in just fine. Pop a top, pull up a thumb, and enjoy the fire.

Welcome Hornbri. If you haven't already bought your WSM, here's my $0.02. The WSM as I understand is a fantastic smoker. I've had one brand new in the box sitting my basement for almost 2 years. Why? - cuz I dig my Bandera and I dig tending fire. That's why I'm the PitBitch. Since you're on the west and have quite stable temps year round, I'd pick the 'dera over the WSM if you have the room for it. It has much more capacity and you'll get better burns than us Bandera users in the mid-northern central-eastern. If you're one to be sitting around drinking brews, tinkering around while you're cooking, go Bandera. Again - IMO.

Welcome Horn! This is a great place for help with smoking and a great bunch of brothers. Glad to have you!

"If you fark with the bull, you might get the Horn", my Grampaw.

Wercome Horn!

Welcome to the kingdom of stability.

What forum are you referring to?? Stability - here ??? :twisted: Have you read the peanut thread? :mrgreen:

Welcome to the group - you'll enjoy the WSM a lot. You can always move up to a bigger cooker later.

Thanks guys.
Yep I did already get my WSM, but thats ok, I will move up to a Bandera as i gain a bit more experience.

DFLittle said:
Welcome to the kingdom of stability.

What forum are you referring to?? Stability - here ??? :twisted: Have your read the peanut thread? :mregreen:

Welcome to the group - you'll enjoy the WSM a lot. You can always move up to a bigger cooker later.

Yeah, what you said!!!!!!!!!! We don't need no stinkin stability :twisted: :twisted:

Anyway, welcome!!!!

HEHE You're right!

Welcome, Horn! Grab your gloves and tongs and fill your glass!

Welcome! Chime in every chance you get! I'm shootin' for the prizes when we get to 30,000 posts, and every one helps to get there! ;)

hornbri said:
Thanks guys.
Yep I did already get my WSM, but thats ok, I will move up to a Bandera as i gain a bit more experience.

Um, this was 5 days ago.

Don't recall seeing your Q talk post from this weekend about breaking it in.

What are you waiting for? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back