Starting a roadside BBQ?

jstasikgc

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I looking to start a road side BBQ joint. I'm looking in Bucks or Montgomery county Pennsylvania. Does anyone know any short cuts with the board of health requirements. Don't want to spend money were I don't need to. Any help would be appreciated.

That is one area I would not have any short cuts. Cutting corners in the beginning is not the way to start. Your best bet is to call the local health department and set up a meeting and see what the requirements are and go from there. Once you have the requirements you will have an idea on what is needed. You can save money by purchasing good used equipment. That would be about the only way to save on a project like you are doing.

As posted after going to the HD go to the town and find out their requirements. My HD was a piece of cake but the town was an expensive PIA.

I'm finishing up my third year roadside vending, good luck with your venture.

Start with the PA Dept of Agriculture. That's where you will get your license.

Thanks for the info. Some HD require a commissary and won't let you run it out of your home kitchen. I will do what you said and meet up with the HD. I do a lot of picnics with family and friends and they just keep getting bigger and bigger. Its time to make some money off of this thing I love to do.
Thanks again.

I live in Montgomery County PA they have their own HD. The next county over Berks is Dept of AG. I'll figure it out just gonna take a little time. Now that I found this site it should be a lot easier.

As posted after going to the HD go to the town and find out their requirements. My HD was a piece of cake but the town was an expensive PIA.

I'm finishing up my third year roadside vending, good luck with your venture.

Can you give us a summary of your dealing with your town? Also a summary of your three years would be great! I love to hear stories. We finished our fourth of vending, but still have not done any roadside.

Maybe you could start out doing small catering stuff , even have people pick it up

Back