View Single Post
Unread 08-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
Bentley
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

The CS line will only run their digital unit as far as I know, there is no "after market" digital controller out there right now. There is a member of Pelletheads working on an after market controller for pellet grills. Ryan's main concentration is on a digital for Traegers right now.

Pellets, well now. I have used Traeger, Bear Mountain, BBQers Delight and Cooking Pellets. I like them all. Traeger and Bear Mountain are a 60%/40% blend of source hardwood, i.e. Oak, Hickory, Maple...and then the Alder. I believe BBQers Delight is 33%/67% Hardwood and Oak, and Cooking Pellets is 100% source Hardwood. Shipping is cost prohibitive for me for all but Traeger and Bear Mountain. I would prefer a 100% source hardwood, 2nd choice would be the Oak blend, but alas I live on the West Coast and the cheapest pellets come from the Northeast and there is a lot of Alder in that area!
Certified Master Judge #5382

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote