View Single Post
Unread 08-10-2009, 06:35 PM   #13
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZILLA View Post
No, I simply do not know anything at all about the Pellet cookers, except that they plug into a 120v source, have an electric auger to feed the pellets, and an electric element that ignites the pellets.. and that's about it.

I was not aware that those pellets smoldering in a pot could heat a cooker to 250+ degrees.

I thought the igniter may have added to the heat. I just didn't know.

its actually a fire pot filled with pellets and a fan blowing on it.. it will climb to 350 in 20-30 minutes.

One thing i dont like much is the response time. An FE packed with food will take 30-40 minutes to climb to from 200 to 275-300.. Whereas when i want more heat in the stickburner, I add a log and open the dampers and in 10 minutes I have 100 more degrees. Your at the mercy of the auger and controller.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote