Woke about 6:30 this morn and went to check on the uds,(at nearly 11 hours into the burn), temps had fallen off to about 160. It was startin' to rain-I just opened the intake all the way and let her finish off..Next time I woke Aboout 9:30 she was cold.
Well the rain just stopped and I went to look at the inside of the barrel after the seasoning burn...Gotta real nice uniform sheen to everthing....I might of used 5 - 7lbs
lump with 15 briquettes or so...Still got some of it left.
I was worried that I might have air flow problems when I was buliding it cause of my ash pan design, but maybe not...I guess 11 hours of heat with out too much adjustment or tampering on that much lump is pretty good..
Gonna have to do some work and invest in a little paint though...cause I didn't have time to get it done before the rain and moisture came...I was more concerned with getting the inside seasoned...And now she looks like this:
Gotta' love it!