View Single Post
Unread 08-03-2009, 11:32 AM   #11
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
It is like Larry says, it has nothing to do with ability to cook, it is about personalities and honestly, projecting an image of a person in the kitchen. Guy is an anomaly and he is also the only recent new show host with any heat in the marketplace. His shows are the ones that became really popular. My sister in law (being typical of American housewives, loves Rachel, Sandra and Paula, she loves the fact they are not chefs, handle cooking like 'everyone' else etc...
You won't get an argument from me on this. There is a market for the "typical American house wife.." and that market has been addressed with Rachel Ray, Sandra Lee etc. But there is also a huge market for the "typical American man with his grill and smoker" as well. I live in a neighborhood of about 200 houses and on any given night you can step outside and smell the aroma of either propane, charcoal or wood coming from a grill or smoker. And on a weekend? It's all you smell. I know my neighborhood doesn't necessarily represent the majority but I do know that I'm pretty sure our neighborhood probably isn't the only one like this across America either.

There are enough "personalities" in this country from all styles of cooking that finding a "personality" for a grilling/bbq themed show wouldn't be a problem. I just think the powers at be at Food Network simply just don't have any interest in going this direction with any of their shows. Why? I'm not sure.

www.doubledsbbq.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Double...12864168786570
Stumps Baby Gravity Feed Smoker
Backwoods Patio Unit
Char Griller Offset for grilling
Bamabuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote