View Single Post
Unread 08-03-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
billm
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
From what they had to pick from I agree. But the network is starting to get like general motors was in offering a ton of cars that basically were the same just a different name. I know I'm biased toward grilling and bbq'ing but it boggles my mine how this method of cooking is the fastest growing amongst recreational cookers and competition cookers yet you see no effort by the network to address this ever growing market. It's almost like the network has become too "sophisticated" for something so "simple".

On a personal level for her I'm very proud for the Melissa lady. But it's pretty much what they already have. It's nothing much different than Sandra Lee. Quick, easy and inexpensive cooking ideas. Much like Rachael Ray as well. To me they've already got these types persona's and styles already. Oh well. I need another cup of coffee.

agreed..good analogy with GM too ..Food Network has gone down in decent cooking shows for many years now IMO ..all the shows are very generic ..long gone are the days of grillin and chillin and the original emeril show (before all that bam/ showbizzy nonsense)
the closest they come to any kind of bbq which isnt close at all is that god awful neelys show
I dont watch that channel even half as much as I did about 15 years ago
Brinkmann Cimmarron Offset
Weber 26.75 inch Kettle & Summit Gold gasser
Cypriot Grill & Optimal Automatics Party Que
http://www.headsredbbq.com
billm is offline   Reply With Quote