View Single Post
Unread 08-02-2009, 01:24 AM   #80
Hugh Jorgan
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque View Post

Barbacoa was made with cow cheeks BEEF, and goat (Cabrito) in differing regions. It's basically what they had or what was regionally available.
Well if you read the Oxford English dictionary quote instead of glancing it over, you will see that they seem to say that the term is a bastardization of barbacoa since the Arawak indians had an almost identical word that they applied to the rack that they cooked on. The following link leads to a list of words that are attributed as coming from various indigenous American groups but have made their way into the English language.

http://www.askoxford.com/globalengli...ap_02/?view=uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque View Post
I told a story once of leaving Texas and going into Tennessee and the Carolinas and refusing to eat pork BBQ for the same reason you say Beef is not BBQ. Ignorance and inflexibility. I can say that about myself so please don't get all half-cocked and pissy 'cuz I directed it at you.
Well now you know the truth. But your usage of the term ignorance is wrong because as you can now clearly see, I know what BBQ is and has always been. Also, this is not a theory that I have. It is simply historical fact that anyone who is able to read should be able to understand.

I am sorry if you think I am abrasive, I think it's the other way around. Stick to the facts and don't try to restate what I have posted in different ways until you get the results you want. It wont work as you can disagree with facts all you want. You just can't change them.