View Single Post
Unread 07-23-2009, 10:10 AM   #12
undertaker
Got Wood.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I had forgotten my camera when I did the vend so this is the only picture I have. It was taken with my blackberry so I'm sorry about the quality.
IMG00088.jpg

The vend went great. I had 2 briskets in one uds and 5 boston butts in the other. I was ready to serve at 11 am and I was totally out of meat by 2 pm. A lot of credit is due to the lube shop next door. They all came over as soon as I was ready to get some lunch and were sending customers of theirs over the rest of the day to have some bbq while they waited. I made enough money to have fun that day and pay for everything I bought. The real payoff is the 3 catering gigs I scheduled that day. These gigs will be paying for a bigger mobile smoker. I am also negotiating a possible restraurant location which I am very excited about.

To anyone who has ever wanted to do a vend in thier area, my advice is to stop wondering what the rules are in your area and just call the health department. My license in an intermittent food establishment. I made friends with the food inspector assigned to me and all she asked is that I keep her informed of what I am doing.