View Single Post
Unread 07-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #3683
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyley View Post
I scored a complete large Weber grill today for $10 off of Craigslist. This weekend I'll probably add the extra rack to my UDS. I also scored a complete small Weber grill for free a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to use the lid for the mini UDS that I already have but was planning on cutting the bottom 1/3 off of the lower part of the grill and drilling a whole bunch of holes in it to use it for a charcoal basket for my big UDS. It will fit nicely and even with the handles on it it has room to fit. Has anyone done something like this or do you even think it will work? I plan on cutting it just below where the grate that the coals sit on is, then I'll raise it up a couple of inches above an ash catcher that I'll make.
Nice CL find.

I also have a charcoal bowl sitting around because I used the lid for my UDS. My only concern with using the charcoal bowl as an ash pan is that it will hold the charcoal grate higher than a flat ash pan.