View Single Post
Unread 07-22-2009, 09:01 AM   #42
Skip
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ_MAFIA View Post
I never cooked with a Guru so I don't know how it gets affected by the moisture. To be honest, I haven't had a problem with my Spicewine at all. Then again, I may not have tried to cook as much volume at one time. Wish I could help, but just don't know what to say.

Its not so much a p5roblem just a true difference in achieving temperature. With the guru the stacks are closed down to a point where a positive flow is only created with the fan. The cooker doesn't "breathe the same as when you maintain temp without forced air. Not having done enough cooks with a full pit I have not been able to dial it in. Fact is that the pit, full or near empty, cooks like nothing I've cooked on before. As for the guru and moisture. There has been some talk of high moisture affecting the probe. I don't know how true it is but I have heard it mentioned. I've also heard some will not use the water pan because of it.

Swamp Pit BBQ's freeloader

To part or not to part: that is the question. Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to part and suffer the slings and arrows of ostentatious brothers or to not part when faced with a sea of dissent, and by compromise end it? To part: to succeed. Forever more: and by succeed to say we win.

Yeah it looks good...but how does it smell?

Member of The Big Guns BBQ Team Semper Fumantem

"you're eating tree RAT, tree RAT, you're eating RAT!" -- landarc
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote