View Single Post
Unread 07-21-2009, 05:00 PM   #36
BBQ_MAFIA
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

I never cooked with a Guru so I don't know how it gets affected by the moisture. To be honest, I haven't had a problem with my Spicewine at all. Then again, I may not have tried to cook as much volume at one time. Wish I could help, but just don't know what to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Full cooking racks and large cooks always seem to crush the cooking box temp. This in turn causes my guru to stoke the fire. Unfortunately either the dense moist air holds down the heat and never reaches the probe or the moisture causes the probe to read incorrectly. This forces the fan to work harder and harder which causes my firebox temp to scream out of control. By the time the cooking box recovers the firebox is so hgih i.e. 350-400 that the cooking box screams past the desired temp and right up and out. It has happen and now we take precautions but we still haven't found a way to actively raise the cooking box without spiking the firebox.

Adversely small cooks tend to maintain temp wonderfully yet extraordinary means are required to keep the meat as moist as we'd want.

Any input would be welcomed Guido.

Lang 60
Lang 84 Deluxe Warmer with Chargrill
Large Spicewine
Large BGE
XL - BGE
Med. BGE ( Bought it for my son Vincenzo)
Brinkman Snp
Brinkman ECB
GOSM
Weber Kettle
Kenmore Elite Gasser
Camp Chef Outdoor Stove
1-Banjo
BBQ_MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote