Unread 07-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #24
bacardi2001
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye View Post
It says "Not a meat tenderizer",

It's a general home use curing salt for use on meats of all kinds. It has a variety of uses from sausage to bacon, brines (chicken and turkey for sure) and for corning beef. You won't find smoke ring directions there, in fact Morton's is kind of odd when giving directions. They say things like "follow your proven recipe for XXXX using Tenderquick with the following guidelines...." They have several books and I have an internet copy that the Mother Earth News published some years ago. Many curing books and sausage books reference it too.

For TQing a brisket, sprinkle a layer on the inside face of the brisket, (the side opposite the fat cap side), sprinkle on a few drops of water to make a paste and smear it on evenly with your hands...I went an hour of cure time on this one, but 15 minutes will produce a thinner ring. At the end of the cure time, rinse all of it off under running water. Blot the brisket dry and return to the fridge for at least an hour. Then treat it just like any other brisket.
thx when i do it i will post pron.
bacardi2001 is offline   Reply With Quote