View Single Post
Unread 12-12-2003, 07:46 AM   #27
stlmike
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Bill, David,
Thanks for confirming my game plan for Saturday. I had already decided to try Bill's recipe. Sam's club has 35 lbs of pork loin set aside for me. I plan on dusting them with either salt, pepper, garlic powder or a light coating of Byron's Butt rub (Chruch Christmas party (ladies present). I'm still thinking about the wood to use. I'm leaning toward a mix of pecan and apple. Cherry? Hickory? Oak? Any thoughts guys? Either way, I will take it up to 165*, spray with apple juice and foil until 190*, and then into a cooler for a few hours. I am making sliced fresh sweet potatoes with a citrus brown sugar/pecan glaze. I plan on making extra citrus glaze, minus the pecans and use it for a sauce on the sliced pork loan. I'm cooking on my Backwoods Smoker, which has six shelves, with the shelves being a little larger than the Bandera's. I plan on spray with apple juice and rotating shelves every two hours. I plan on getting the meat on around 9AM, with dinner at 6:30. The weather is supposed to be in the high teens/low 20s with snow starting at daybreak. 3 to 4 inches forcasted. Does this sound like fun or what? I'm glad the Backwoods is well insulated and comes up to/holds the temperature easily. If anyone sees any holes in my plan, PLEASE let me know.
StL Mike
stlmike is offline   Reply With Quote