View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 07:02 PM   #25
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
I just want to make sure that if I cook it to 165*, foil to 190*, and let it sit in a cooler for a few hours till serving time, I won't end up with dried out pork.
StL Mike
It won't dry out if you wrap it and spray it :D
I, indeed, did pork loin (yes, the cryovac mods!) and I had to use an oven. I figured 3 servings per pound and bought appropriately. Fortunately I overbought and overprepared and so had leftovers for the chef :D
I cooked them to about 165 and foiled them and continued cooking up to about 200. Then I turned off the ovens and let them cool to about 160 or so. I didn't use apple juice or cider for mop since I was making
gravy to go with some other dishes -- if I was cooking at home or 'quing I would have used apple cider, apple juice, or my usual
pork mop/spray.

Good luck -- for 75 you'll need about 25-30 pounds of pork -- I usually try to overprepare (assuming I even have a decent estimate!) so you
might want to go 30-35 pounds (raw weight - you'll have some shrinkage but pork loins usually hold up pretty well).

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
chad is online now   Reply With Quote