View Single Post
Unread 07-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #3
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Good advice from Dallas if you're in the ballaprk and getting some calls now. Otherwise you may need a bigger change. Lots of people use Guns Hot and usually it's in combination with other rubs. Best advice I can give is take the Old School High Tech class and you'll have the answers.

But here's a tip - when your wife says there's too much salt you're about half way to salting. And the same goes for a lot of other spices both hot and sweet. Brown sugar and honey are your friends. It takes a little time to find the blend that works but think over the top. Think my wife won't eat these for sure and I'd never serve it to friends. And I do give it to neighbors and they think it's fantastic but then one person never eats a 1/2 slab of ribs.

Consider going to a couple of contests as a spectator and asking some top teams if there's any way you can sample their food. Be honest about wanting to improve your skills and they should say yes. If you get to a Michigan contest this year look me up during turn-in.