View Single Post
Unread 06-19-2009, 11:02 PM   #3419
Babyboomerboy
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thank you. A hand shake with a beer in it might be just what I need right now. Back at page 50 or so, I decided I needed a UDS and started my quest for parts. I found a guy that had some food grade barrels. He wanted $10 each for them so I bought 3. One to screw up, one to think I had a better plan and screw up and one to do it the right way. All three of the drums had the "red liner". I am now burning the first drum. I got a good burn in it today, will get another burn tomorrow and hopefully Sunday will get another burn in the barrel. I went to city hall and got a 3 day burn permit so no problems with the fire department. After the third burn I will see what is left of the "red liner". Oh yes, I cut the three 1" holes in the bottom to help with the burning process before I started the project. Have any of you got a 55 gallon barrel that had a plastic lid? These did and so I am looking for metal lids for the completed project, unless someone whats to tell me that plastic lids will work. Anyway, I too will take pictures of this build and hopefully do it right the first time and have the extra drums for friends to use.
Babyboomerboy is online now   Reply With Quote