Originally Posted by Smokin' D
I tried the clamp ring and it was a real PITA. Went a couple of cooks trying to bend the top a bit to achieve the best seal. Not a lot of luck there. Last cook I took some alum. foil and rolled it up loosely, placed it in the channel in the top and squished it on. Sealed really well and with careful removal of the top it stayed in place.
PITA is a fact!! I was thinking about doing some beating of the metal to make a better seal.
Either that or see if I can find a brand new lid....but seeing how I am scoring a new to me weber tomorrow for 10 bucks....I might just use that lid!!