View Single Post
Unread 06-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #13
Merl
Full Fledged Farker
 
Merl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Tulsa, Ok
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo-B-Q'N View Post
It was disturbing to see that they tabled discussion on 4 contests because the applications were not turned in on time but they stopped the entire meeting suspended the rules and were able to approve a date change for a contest. Can only shake my head. Oh well that is why we pay our $35 I guess.
That is easy to understand. The 4 contests were not until late Oct or November and not timely produced. There would be no prejudice to the contest to wait for the next board meeting. They already had soft approval. The Wagoner contest however was already a sanctioned contest which was less than 12 days away and under water due to flooding of the lake. I am very comfortable the decision to take action on behalf of the Wagoner contest. Natural disaster is a usually good cause for exceptional action.

Merl
Merl is offline   Reply With Quote