Originally Posted by Norcoredneck
If you are worried about Galvanized coating do 1 of 2 things.
Dip in Muratic acid (pool acid) let bubble and rinse, or heat with torch , dont breathe vapors and brush. The ones i have seen are either pot metal that will melt if torched too much or zinc plated which will be stripped doing the above. Personally i wouldn't worry.
i agree... those conduit nuts are so thin that if you apply heat to them they are going to warp or melt imho...at least the ones we get around here