View Single Post
Unread 09-29-2003, 03:17 PM   #2
willkat98
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Western Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I don't recall ever doing one in my beast, but did a few in the ECB.

I would lay bacon over it, and definitely inject the crap out of it (Tony Chachere Creole Butter flavor. At least 1 whole 18oz jar of it. Place on cooking grate first, then inject like crazy. If you inject first, and then move it, you will loose alot of it moving it around.

If you have a digital probe, stick that in in the beginning and leave it. Every hole you put in the thing will be a juice faucet.

I would rub down the inside with something. Somehting strong to make it up through the meat.

And keep on spraying brother. About every 30-45 minutes.

Damn, now you got me curious. I might do a trial this week too.

I always fry a whole bird, and smoke 3 turkey breasts, just to give some variety. Use different injections in each. Might smoke a whole one though.

Anyones thoughts on using an aluminum casserole dish to sit the whole turkey in? I would think you can still get smoked flavor, but keep the moisture up by catching the drippings (although you would not put stuff above the bird to keep the juices turkey, and not that mess that ends up in the water pan.)

"Boots and Pants and Boots and Pants and Boots and Pants..." - Maxwell

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven
willkat98 is offline   Reply With Quote