View Single Post
Unread 05-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #12
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by big brother smoke View Post
If you roll your silverware in napkins it works better than plates. If this is not the norm for your customers, it may not be worth the stress to worry about. I have a problem like this about once a year and just hope the main check don't bounce. Chit, sometimes I go to their bank to cash the check before the event happens.

Word!

I've done that more than once...never been burned, but it never hurts to be cautious.

Per gig pricing is easier as long as it's understood what the "max" of guest is. If you price a gig at 75 folks and 125 show up -- you'll be out of food and the customer, even though it's his fault, will blame you.

If he knows he's paid for 75 and you hand him the supplemental bill for the other 25 folks -- he knows you're paying attention.

Like others, I always have about 10% overage planned. But I've been close a couple of times.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
chad is offline   Reply With Quote