View Single Post
Unread 05-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #3067
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

After cooking on Hog-Que-Holics mammoth 96 gallon 2742-2's at the Klose class last weekend, he brought 2 of the 3 he's built- I had to step it up a notch or two.

Here is the Hogman and the Behemoth!

Next to my puny 2339-2!

With David Klose-Legendary pitbuilder!

Those 26" grates are awesome! So - being the cheap bastard I am, unwilling to buy a new one from Grainger like Hoggy- I went to the source! Al's Drums and Barrels on Airport Way in Seattle. Al has been in the business for 60+ years and his father founded Seattle Cooperage in 1916!! He said he rarely gets 96 gallon drums, but does come across 110 gallon drums but they are in high demand in Alaska. He had new 85 gallon 27"x39.5" for $160 or a reconditioned for $80-guess which one I got?

I've wanted to make a Mini with a Weber Smokey Joe and the 14" lid fits perfect on this 15 gallon drum.

Unlined - but the exterior paint has got to go. $100 cash out the door $41 for 26" Weber replacement grates ordered and we be gettin' down!
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote