View Single Post
Unread 04-21-2009, 09:03 PM   #2925
JTank70
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Sorry for double posting, but I just thought of a few qestions for you experienced UDS builder/operators. Your opinions would be appreciated.

1.What will give me the most accuracy bang for my buck wise as far as thermometers go? I have a $16 grill care pit thermo with a 3" probe but it has not been used yet and I can return it if need be.

2. Someone mentioned using brass nipples/caps on there intakes so the caps would not rust onto the nipples. Is this a good upgrade or just a waist of money?

3. I am thinking about putting a 2" vent cap on top of my 2" exhaust nipple. It is the type that would go on the fuel oil tank for your home. This would be for both looks and functional as a rain cover for the exhaust. Do you think it would fark up my air flow through the exhaust or cause any other undesireable outcome?

4. I am considering a very short riser for the intake with the ball valve. I will use a 3/4x1 1/2" nipple out of the the intake hole. Then a 90* elbow, followed by a 3/4 x 2 1/2" nipple and then the ball valve. like I said very short. Do you think such a short riser would cause me any trouble with intake or temp adjustment? I am just thinking that the short riser would get the ball valve a little mor out of the way and look a bit better.

Thats it for now.

I am sure I will think of more though.

Thanks in advance for your input.

JT
JTank70 is offline   Reply With Quote