CAUTION!!! There seems to be some earlier confusion between bleach and Clorox Cleanup Cleaner with Bleach.
They are not the same. The cleaner has surficants and detergents and must be used non-diluted for it to disinfect. That residue you feel is detergents and you might not want that on a cutting board. The clorox site makes no mention either way about cutting boards or food prep items.
Straight bleach should be diluted as per FAQ: http://www.clorox.com/products/usage.php?prod_id=clb
Use the following method to disinfect hard, nonporous surfaces at home:
- Create bleach solution using ¾ cup Clorox® Regular-Bleach per gallon of water.
- Wash, wipe or rinse items/area with water, then apply solution.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and air dry.
FAQ for cleanup product: