View Single Post
Unread 04-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #9
whiskey
Got Wood.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Boy was this good! It really turned out better than I expected.

This ham was a grocery store ham. It was a cheap bone in "smoked" "ready-to-cook" ham from Wal-mart. It was the only non-spiral ham that wally world had left on Saturday afternoon. I am way to lazy to cure a green ham myself. As good as this one turned out, I doubt I would ever attempt to cure one myself. Just for an idea of the cost, the ham weighed 19.5 pounds and cost 23.00 bucks. I don't think I would change anything for the next one.

FYI, I cooked this pretty low. I probably averaged well below 225. The wind was blowing today and the wind was cold. I had to work to get to 225. It took right 8 hours and I pulled it at 140 internal. The outside was not dried out. The inside was super juicy. When carving after the rest period the meat was so moist and tender. Thanks to everyone for all the good tips posted on here.

Give this one a try.
***** NOTE: The above statement is my opinion; please feel free to share it. However, it is not meant as a required replacement for your own opinion. If you do not agree with my opinion, form your own. *****
whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->