Thread: Personal Chef
View Single Post
Unread 03-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #13
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 4

He is fully aware I am not a caterer.

Hes a business associate of my wife. Thats the extent of it. I told him I am not a caterer, and theres a liability involved. He asked if I would come as an 'invited guest and help do the cooking' wink wink. He just wants a 'real BBQ' guy and not someone flipping burgers.

They are buying all the sides and will supply servers/helpers.

He(Husband) is coming with me to resturant depot to purchase all meats supplies. So I will be picking the stuff out.

I will cook butts and briskets the night before. Chicken and ribs to be done on site.

He suggested that he and his brother(they both want to learn BBQ stuff) be involved in the cooking too, since I am only 'helping'. He said he can do the work and I can be the consultant. :)

I told him $1500 plus fuel, rubs, sauces, supplies. 2 days work, 8 hours on site/2 people. Me and a team mate)

He didn't flinch and wants to sit down to work on the full menu. I'll take that for a weekends work.

I think I need MOAB back. ;)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote