View Single Post
Unread 03-25-2009, 08:38 AM   #9
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brauma View Post
The last gig I did I could have easily left a whole butt in my resting cooler and brought it back home with me. But I thought, they paid for it so its theirs and they're gonna take it. So I busted it up and we put it in freezer bags and they handed it out to their guests to take home. The customer kinda seemed annoyed at this. This is why I asked.
I guess my question is what did the customer say they wanted done with the butt?

I run into the situation often where I'm told the party is for 100 and 10-15 just don't show up... The customer knows that I'm cooking for 100 (I confirm 1 week before) and it's then that I ask what they would like done with any left overs. I explain that I normally make a little extra just to be sure that if more attend that there won't be a shortage. Usually, they ask that I condense it and put it in their fridge. I did have one that asked if I could make 'Doggy Bags'. Once made up it was up to the customer to determine who got them...
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote