View Single Post
Unread 03-20-2009, 08:10 AM   #15
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by big brother smoke View Post
If they are paying for chicken and brisket for 130 then you should honor that and not play the guessing game. I would charge $15.99 per and I better have the food to back up the price. Will you have leftovers? Yes, did they pay for it? yes

Does this farking make sense?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryhb View Post
And as Bro Smoke has well-taught me, always always always cook too much. Way better to end up with two extra briskets than half a brisket too little...
Yes it does make sense! It's a standing rule for me to add 10% on to what my initial estimate is... I would rather leave extra than get a bad rap of being cheap and having people walk away hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryhb View Post
As I have now learned...DO NOT SELL YOURSELF SHORT! Don't look at the overall price and think, "Damn, that sounds like a lot of money!" Look at the per person price and think about what you would pay in a good restaurant.
BBS did well... I often run my prices by my GF... Her first statment normally is "You're almost giving it away" followed by the question of "what would that cost in a restaurant?"

Please don't tell her but, she is more often right than I am....
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote