View Single Post
Unread 03-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #7
HeSmellsLikeSmoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I see I wasn't clear with my original post. This alternate idea does NOT involve selling BBQ at all, only quick grilled items like burgers or kabobs and baked pastries.

The only reason that I was going to shift so abruptly from pastries to burgers or kabobs was the need to change from indirect cooking to direct. I could add a BGE to have everything available all the time with no sharp cut off. The pastries would become dessert at some point.

I was saying that BBQ may not be worth the effort to do correctly, given the short time I would have to sell it, even though I might sell some earlier than 11:00 A.M., it probably wouldn't be enough to make much of a difference.

Rick, that was a very relevant post with some great ideas of other BGE menu items that really expand my thinking on the potential. The reaction you got was to much more than it was free -- that is encouraging all by itself. That line up of BGEs looks great.

Thanks everyone for the great input that has me thinking and refining this alternative idea.

The basic question is, does this have the potential to make more money than BBQ would with much less effort and risk?

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote