View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 10:49 AM   #130
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

A moment about rubs that you work hard on and stuff. The point of the thri-layer rub was that I loved my rub (butt glitter). The story behind that was I kept dialing down the slat for two reasons. First because I was naturally reducing the salt ratio by adding other things, Paprika, Celery Seed, Cumin and Chili Powder, Oinion Powder and stuff.... the SECOND was I wanted to start CROSS-UTILIZING the rub on other stuff... so naturally the salt gets dialed down. I was doing it becuase I had catering jobs and needed ONE rub for everything from the spice in my pickled Onions, which went in my potato salad and collard and a table rub (which needed less salt) and on Ribs and shoulder and my armadillo eggs and fatties. Each one of those needs different levels of salt and sugar.

So in regards to your rub that YOU worked your ass off to get... if your trying to get that FLAVOR of your rub into your meat... the secret is salt. salt is the transporter. I thitnk injections are cool, and arguably you may not be able to get the same level of flavor INTO the meat with rub alone (but thats what our fore-fathers tried to do from Kreuz Market to Walter Jetton (simmered the flavor in before pitting the meat). BUT... we all know that rub, pepper, whatever your signature is, smoke, dried meat blood and juices, fat, fat smoke all being pulled into the center of the meat is a different FLAVOR althogether than what you mix in a bowl and inject from the center outward and around.

Hmmm.... Illegal as hell... but that makes me think.... what would your----

SOUR DOUGH (That's Dough) BRISKET INJECTION CONTENT DELETED VIA BAG PHONE BY POPDADDY DUE TO IT BEING TOO FUNKY....

THIS MAY BE RELEASED AT ANOTHER TIME IN OUR NEXT SEGMENT...

Pitmaster "T" dry plateau Injection

Last edited by barbefunkoramaque; 02-27-2009 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: Popdaddy Found Out and nixed the sentence
barbefunkoramaque is offline   Reply With Quote