View Single Post
Unread 02-23-2009, 05:30 PM   #8
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I was figuring a sammy is usually a 1/3lb and figured most would eat two or a plate full with no bun. I was also figuring my pricing by a buffet not by the plate, is this the wrong way to do it? I plan on going to talk with the health dept in April. All I have done so far is small stuff for family and friends, and sell friends butts. My goal would be to do 6-8 catering jobs this year and get a catering trailer and get set up through the HD in the spring. I think here in VA you can pull up to 8 permits per year to cook without a certified kitchen by pulling a permit and fee and the HD comes that morning and inspects your set up and you are good for the day. After that they say get a kitchen. I can see the point to side dishes also.

What do you all think as far as pricing? My pit will hold 24 butts maxed out. I can see where it could be done much cheaper if I had an Old Hickory where I am not up all night labor wise but then again my pit is paid for and someone with a Old Hickory may sleep but they are forking out the $$$ for an expensive pit.