View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #58
JD McGee
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque View Post
You eat with your NOSE first in BBQ, Popcorn, Bread... coffee too. I have watch deli sales plummet when one of my meats was taken off being sold off the steam table (where people can smell it when they walk in) to being prepared piecemeal by nuking it on order. Plummet! The reason the manager did it... they did it purposely to balance the penetration of my product to theirs. In other words people used to come to have a tuna sandwich then when they smelled the Q when they walked in they changed their mind. By getting rid of the smell of my product people simply ordered more of theirs.

Unless there is a poster on the wall further from the smell... you begin glorifying the dish with your nose before you even see it.

The little diddy "eat with your eyes first" was to get you sold on Garnishing... which was a plot created in the late 90's by the folks that brought you the single bullet, single gunman theory and the Garnish growers of America.
...nice argument Funk...but not ALWAYS the case...again using the double entree analogy...I'm always gonna go home with the pretty girl that I SEE first before getting a whif of her perfume...her ugly girlfriend can fend for herself... That ain't funk...that's life!
MAK 1 Star General...
MAK 2 Star General...
MAK 3 Star General...the one to rule them all!
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote