View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
is One Chatty Farker

Default Please correct or confirm my thought process

I am kind of new to the catering world. I did about 4 jobs last year and also sell butts on ocassion to people. So far I have not made any money to speak off. So for 2009 this is my thoughts.

Catering for 50 people minimum (charge wise) If I figure 1/2lb cooked pulled pork per person, 50lbs raw pork current price here is $1.29 per lb x 50lbs=$64.50 I figure between wood, charcoal, rub, sauce, tin pans, foil, misc supplies I'll have another $50 cost. Making my cost on a group of 50 people $2.30 per person. I think it is worth at least $300 in my pocket after cost to go throught the entire prep,cook, serv and clean up process (correct me if wrong hi or low), and at least worth $100 to pull my pit somewhere in the county to set up on site for a party. This would bring the minimum total for an on site for pulled pork to $515 or $10.30 per person. Then I figure for sides I would charge $1.50 per side per person. Drink standard would be tea & lemonade for $1.00 per person. Dessert at $1.50 per person for most desserts. Bringing the total per person for the whole shibang to $15.80 per person with two sides.

Could I get some opinions from you more experienced people on where or if my thought process is wrong. It sounds high to me but what do people pay to have a fully catered BBQ? I thought if things go good I would get further into catering i.e catering trailer, insurance, business license and so forth. What do you think?
FEC 120, Lang 84, Custom Off Set
HBMTN is offline   Reply With Quote