View Single Post
Unread 01-17-2009, 12:39 AM   #12
jrb03
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob S View Post
Phil, you are welcome to stop by and take a look at my Party. I extended the charcoal pan with expanded metal and I have the heat deflector. Otherwise it is a stock unit with SS doors. It has no problem with cold weather or windy conditions.
Mind sharing some info on how you extended the charcoal pan? I have been wanting to do the same so I can pack it full for overnighters. I also have the heat deflector from the factory. Im curious how much higher the walls could be but still be able to lift the pan out easily mid cook to add more charcoal.

I agree with the other posters, dont worry about the insulation. The 1" in the Party is more than enough. I dont notice any difference in the cooker between hot summer nights and the recent near freezing cook I did. I love my party, but Im sure the fatboy is just as good. The weight was my deciding factor, and the thing hasnt moved an inch since I got it a year ago

I can get plenty of food in my party, and I've never had a problem fitting a rack of ribs lenghtwise? Always surprised when I hear people mention that as a problem, the are pretty snug at first but shrink up during the cook. Here is a pic of my first cook on the party last year, 1 brisket 14 lb i think, 3 racks loin back, 2 rack beef ribs, 2 whole split chickens, sausage, and a pan of potatoe surprise, with one rack unused.

Pitmaker Vault
Pitmaker Grill-Meister

Backwoods Party
Backwoods Chubby

Weber Performer
WSM
Weber Smokey Joe Gold

Good Riddence
Peppercookers Trailer Offset
Chargriller Tailgate Grill
jrb03 is offline   Reply With Quote