12-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Full Fledged Farker
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Tulsa, Ok
KCBS Regional Board Member Question
What do you think?
The KCBS Board of Directors has embarked upon a discussion which could radically change the way you are represented by the Board of Directors. We are seeking your opinions and your input. The primary question for the membership to consider, is how members are represented on the Board of Directors. Currently we elect 12 member to the board at large.
This discussion will not be made quickly and most likely will not be implemented until 2010. We have looked at other organizations as well as other elected bodies and forms of governance. Our discussions have included the following types of representation:
A. 12 members of the board elected at large
B. 12 members of the board with all or part being regional board members.
1. Each Board member represents a region of the country, the boundaries are geographic.
2. Each Board member represents a region of the country, the boundaries are determined by membership density where each region represents the same number of members.
3. A board made up of 4, 6 or 8 regions with the remaining members of the board being members at large. By doing this each region has a voice, with a group of board members who are responsible to the entire membership.
In as much as four seats are open each election period any change will be phased in over a three year period.
I would like to know from the you the following:
Thank you for taking the time to send me your thoughts.
Please e-mail me at email@example.com
- Do you favor a change in the way our members of the Board are elected?
- If we modify our Board makeup, do you favor all or part being elected by regions?
- If we modify our Board makeup, do you favor all or part being elected by demographics of the membership?
- If you favor regional elections how may seats should be at large?
- If you favor regional elections how many seats should be elected by region.
- If you favor regional elections, how would you determine the regions?
- What other ideas do you have?