View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 10:53 AM   #40
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Depend on the class and what you get out of it. I took the ISS class last June. Up until that point I was doing OK but not really walking and losing interest fast in comp cooking. Besides being exposed to such great knowledge the class itself was one of the best times I have had cooking. Fast forward to my first comp on my own August in New Holland PA. I tanked. Like many great cooks have said before, they could give their recipes to 20 different guys at the same comp and result would be completely different for all of them. I went about it the wrong way. I tried to plug the rubs and sauces that they used in to what I always did and it backfired. My next contest was a month away and I had plenty of time to think about. I sat down and wrote out a plan and a time line incorporating what I have always done with what I had learned in the class as far as teamwork, responsibilities , delegating etc. I am gonna guess that it either worked or was pure luck because that contest I was GC and it was a contest that ISS was cooking at as well so I can be sure they held nothing back.
Was it worth every penny? Absolutely. Maybe I would of won eventually but it would of cost me plenty of time, trial & error and at $600-1000 per contest you do the math. Would I take the same class again? Absolutely only after this post I would like a discount My only disappointment with the class was that Steve did not teach us how he did the short ribs from the Jack
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote