View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 12:19 AM   #73
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Braunschweiger Dip

Kevin posted a Braunschweiger and Cream Cheese ball recipe, which is basically what this evolved from.

You see, my family (OK my Dad and me really) are on this never ending quest to make things simpler and faster due to being incessantly lazy (and adding bacon to stuff seems to be another goal in life).

When I was a young kid, each year there would be a lovely Braunschweiger and Cream Cheese ball. One year, I think I was about 12 or so, instead of a ball, my Dad turned out a layered spread in a tub with the Braunschweiger on bottom, and the Cream Cheese on top. It was farking brilliant let me tell you and was just as big of a hit with less fuss.

Well, I think it may have been just a couple years later that the layers went away and the whole thing was just blended together. It was still a delicious spread! After another couple years bacon was introduced and well, it became a new staple.

Finally at some point we didn't even bother pulling out a spreading knife and told everyone to just attack it with crackers. I recommend sturdy, good crackers, preferably onion crackers.

Well, there's the history, here's the recipe. It's simple really. That's the idea. It wouldn't feel like the Holidays without it.

1 pound Braunschweiger
8 oz softened Cream Cheese
1 pound crisp fried Bacon, finely crumbled
3/4 cup Mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Hot Sauce

Mix all ingredients together a day ahead of time to let the flavors jingle. The Holidays are all about jingling. Stir again before serving.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote