Thread: Reverse flow?
View Single Post
Unread 11-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #7
TysDad
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

So, grand master norco, could you make it a convertible?

Just offset. Offset with tuning plates. Reverse flow insert. An all in one. Of course you would have to explore the envelope of each version and share it with us.

Isn't an reverse flow just a really big tuning plate? I can make my BarBChef offset have really even temps by adding throwaway drip pans - with one on top of the extended deflector - the HarborFreight welding blanket on top and by not messing with it. I can make it have really uneven temps by running it stock, uncovered and opening the lid to look a lot. Versatility is nice if you can handle it but it makes more variables to deal with. I fight enough of them with the meat, rub, mop, sauce, temp, time, fuel and alcohol intake. I'm not at high enough of a Q-level to be able to handle too much more at this point in my training. So I'm all for even temp on my smokers and adjustable temp on my gasser.

For now...

[FONT=Times New Roman]Stainless Pool Filter Drum, BarBChef offset, charcoal GOSM, a gasser and a weed burner.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Henckels Twin Cuisine knives, CDN ProAccurate fast thermometer, Maverick Dual Probe Wireless thermometer, and lots more cooking tools.[/FONT]

"We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well, and live."
TysDad is offline   Reply With Quote