View Single Post
Unread 11-21-2008, 09:19 AM   #7
tony76248
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

If this event is in conjunction with a BBQ cookoff, I would imagine that a good number of those attendees are going to be guests of the other cooking teams and that may impact your sales.

I guess the better question to ask is what is the event going to include besides a cookoff? That will allow us to better judge what is going to conspire. 3000 folks is a huge number.

I did an event early this year that had two really good bands and the admission fee to enter included free dinner with each BBQ team donating one brisket and one pork butt. It was a total bust as far as the promoter was concerned. They expected to have several thousand folks attend but they were lucky to get 200.

I would suggest that you prepare brisket and pulled pork at least then, what you don't sell you can freeze and use at a later date. Another option is to ask the promoter to give you a guaranteed minimum number of folks and ask that he pay for anything less than that. If he balks at that you have to ask yourself why. Sort of feel him out. Do they have advanced ticket sales? I have yet to see where the numbers ever add up, the only other question to ask is what will the true numbers really be?

Even at 3000 which it most likely will not be, you can only count on feeding a certain percentage. That number will vary if folks are able to also bring their own food. What time of the year is this event going to be held? How much advanced notice will be given to the public?

There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Brinkmann Model 6668 Gasser
Hibachi Grill
Stumps GF223 w/ Stoker assist
ECB that wins the $
Weber One-Touch Gold 22-1/2"
#3 Komono
Large BGE w/ Stoker assist
55 gallon Drum Smoker
Wood Crate Cold smoker w/ smoke injector
No need for certification, I already know good BBQ!
tony76248 is offline   Reply With Quote