View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #37
is one Smokin' Farker

Originally Posted by Smokin Turkey View Post
If he fab'ed the drum smoker, he should be able to drill some holes and bolt the dolly you show to it. Or even go to a surplus hardware store and get pneumatic tires and make an all terrain UDS! That's hot!

And to think, I thought I was done...then I read the line above and it got me thinking...

The fact of the matter is that it does need to be movable for my yard.

Let me say, also, that I am not that handy. So if things look a little strange, now you know why.

I started with a wire frame for support on top of 2x4's, I wanted to keep the wood away from Direct Heat Contact as much as possible.

The wheels were a pain in the arse for me. Trying to find the stuff needed, required a lot of trips to HD, Lowes & local hardware stores.

I bolted the axle to the UDS frame using U-Bolts, I created spacers using PVC, which were painted Black and finally capped the axle.

Boy, I am even laying on the ground for this thing....

Started coating the wood with Thompson Water Seal.

I plan on getting a bigger sheet of metal as a hot plate.

I also plan on closing the back and sides, adding a shelf or two and utillty hooks galore.

Oh, ya' and a bottle opener as well!

Butts-N-Gutts BBQ Team ( NYC Chapter Member )
Official MOINK Ball Maker ( Certified Dec 2008 )
Not So Ugly Drum Smoker, now on wheels!; 22.5" Weber Kettle One Touch Gold (CL Rescue); 22.5" Weber [B][COLOR=blue][I]Cool-Blue[/I][/COLOR][/B] Performer;
14" Table Top Kettle Grill; Turkey Fryer; [B][I][COLOR=red]Rapid-Fire-Red[/COLOR][/I][/B] Thermapen!; [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B][I]Mini, Small, Medium & Large BGE![/I][/B][/COLOR]
hav is offline   Reply With Quote